So I’ve had a hankering for cookie dough recently, inspired by no other than Ben and Jerry’s cookie dough icecream😍 lo and behold, my safe cookie dough! You can:
1) eat this stuff straight out the jar, or
2) pinch off small bits, roll em into balls and flatten slightly, place them with lots of space between the discs and bake at 190C for 10 minutes or so until they’re golden brown. Result in a crispy yet slightly chewy, thin chocolate chip cookie/biscuit (whatever you want to call this treat!)
250g unsalted butter
200g caster sugar
110g dark brown sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
Splash of milk
Chocolate broken into small bits or chocolate chips.
1. Melt the butter in the microwave for about 1 minute. Doesn’t matter if some of the butter is semi solid- it will melt as you stir it. Don’t burn the butter!
2. Add in the sugars and vanilla extract and mix until it’s all combined (this is a quick cheats way of creaming the butter and sugar. By all means cream it with a hand whisk, but it takes FOREVER, and there’s more washing up to do.
3. Fold/stir in the flour to form a dough. Add a splash of milk if the dough doesn’t stick together well. If the dough becomes too wet and doesn’t hold its shape, add some more flour.
4. Add the chocolate and press the dough into the sides of the bowl to really incorporate them and have an even spread of chocolate chunks.
5. Transfer the mixture into jars or Tupperware or keep it in your mixing bowl and cover with cling film.
6. Keep covered in the fridge, delve in as often as you want! Enjoy😛
This recipe is nut and egg free, and can easily be made gluten free by substituting the flour for gluten free flour. Dairy alternatives for the butter and milk can also be used. And don’t be afraid to add other flavours, such as caramel syrup or peppermint extract☺